Speakers will be Lemvig Municipality's mayor, Erik Flyvholm, Lemvig Vand's chairman, Steffen Damsgaard, chairman of the Central Jutland Region, Anders Kühnau, chairman of Climatorium, Jørgen Nørby, and Lars Nørgård Holmegaard, director of Climatorium and Lemvig Vand.
The marking of the completion of the building will take place on Wednesday 9 December 2020 at 11.00, where everyone can follow a live streamed program from Climatorium's website.
With the selection, a new climate exhibition is open, which can be visited despite Corona restrictions for small, guided visits starting on 11 December. The outdoor areas are also ready for use. At the same time, Lemvig Vand's employees have moved in.
The two developers, Lemvig Municipality and Lemvig Vand, are delighted with the finished building, which has a prominent place at Lemvig Harbor.
- The architecturally beautiful building becomes an international lighthouse and puts the climate high on the agenda - and creates new climate solutions. At the same time, the building adorns the Port of Lemvig, which over the years has been transformed from a commercial port into one of the country's most beautiful experience ports, says Erik Flyvholm, mayor of Lemvig Municipality.
At Lemvig Vand, the enthusiasm is great, and the water supply's employees are very satisfied with the building and the new modern workplaces.
- A modern water supply requires a modern and up-to-date physical environment. The Climatorium building creates this and provides a basis for finding the new and innovative solutions of the future, for the benefit of the water supply's customers, the environment and society, says Steffen Damsgaard, chairman of Lemvig Vand.
Denmark's international climate center, Climatorium, is part of the Coast to Coast Climate Challenge. A climate adaptation project led by the Central Jutland Region is supported by the LIFE program and consists of a collaboration across sectors and partners, including Climatorium.
The Central Jutland Region emphasizes the importance of putting the climate high on the political agenda.
- Right now, of course, the work with Covid-19 takes up a lot of space. But we must not forget the climate challenges, which are pressing hard. Here, Climatorium will be a crucial international factor in finding the sustainable solutions of the future, says chairman of the Central Jutland Region, Anders Kühnau.
The Climatorium association already counts today Lemvig Municipality, Lemvig Water, Central Jutland Region, but also NIRAS, NCC, Geopartner, Geos, Plastix, Kynde & Toft, Lemvig Biogas and Wintec.
- Now the building is finished. The exhibition can be seen taking into account Corona restrictions. In addition, work is being done on a range of exciting climate projects. The association has already held successful climate meetings for children, climate trade conferences and partner meetings with the members, says Jørgen Nørby, chairman of the Climatorium Association.
- With the new building, Lemvig Vand has the best conditions to fulfill our local obligations to the citizens of Lemvig Municipality, and Climatorium and our many project partners the best conditions for a constructive collaboration for the benefit of the climate, says Lars Holmegaard Nørgård, director of Climatorium and Lemvig Water.
The celebration on December 9 can be followed live on www.klimatorium.dk
About the building.
The construction on the waterfront in Lemvig has been prepared by the consultants 3XN, Orbicon and SLA. The construction is both on land and in water. The building will house offices, meeting and exhibition rooms and a cafeteria.
A forum for climate adaptation projects and climate prevention.
The mission is to develop and disseminate new solutions to challenges within the areas: Coastal Climate Challenges, Green Energy, Circular Economy, Water and Environment.
Climatorium is a meeting place that brings together civil society, authorities, companies and educational institutions to debate lifestyle, prevention and adaptation to the climate challenges we all face. Climatorium is the center of an annual climate meeting and dissemination of climate solutions.